AKKA Architects is looking for architecture intern to join our team in Amsterdam. Our multi-cultural team is formed by dynamic, motivated, young architects, designers, engineers, strategists and thinkers specialized in designing spaces that foster interactions.
We work hand in hand with private clients on a variety of projects. The scale of these projects ranges from medium-size housing units to large workplaces. We also revitalize monumental buildings, and we have been participating in competitions where we design floating museums and a university skyscraper. Ready to design a refreshing idea for our next competition?
At AKKA, we believe space is a strategic tool that can foster interaction, we cannot design interaction, therefore, we design the context in which they flourish. For this reason, our vision is to make the world a better space through ‘Architecting Interaction’. We do this through our uniquely design AKKA process.
We are looking for young professionals with a strong work ethic, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
As an intern, you will be working under the supervision of a project leader and will be playing an active role in various stages of our projects.
Professional and Technical Requirements
- Mastery of 2D drawing software AutoCAD (REVIT a plus)
- Mastery of the Adobe Suite programs (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign…)
- Good grasp of 3D Modeling software (SKETCHUP / RHINO / 3DS / VRAY…)
- Good model-making skills (Clean and precise)
What you have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong drive and a good sense of responsibility
- Be motivated and willing to be part of a team
- Good organization skills
- Be efficient, accurate and precise in approaching tasks
- Very good level of English, Dutch is a plus.
What we offer:
- You get the chance to work in an exciting, dynamic and growing company
- This position offers you the opportunity to gain international work experience
- You will develop your portfolio and especially innovate through new ideas and insights
- You will be able to work with influentials from different industries
- Based on your performance you will have the open opportunity to create a career at AKKA Architects
- You will have the opportunity to choose and/or create your own team
- Length of internship: 6 months minimum
- At the end of the internship, we have an evaluation in light of employment possibilities, based on your performance and the situation of the office.
Are you interested in applying to this internship position?
Fill in the form with your details and upload your Portfolio, your CV and Motivation Letter.
We will get in touch with you shortly.